Developing Your Training Program
Training is an essential element of development in any organization. Being knowledgeable and continuing to learn throughout your career can make you a very valuable asset. We also know that training and orientation (or ‘onboarding’) for newly hired employees is a key factor in retention. This two-day workshop is designed for a trainer who wants to develop training programs that are meaningful, practical, and will benefit both trainees and the organizations they work for.
What Will Students Learn?
- Describe the essential elements of a training program
- Apply different methodologies to program design
- Demonstrate skills in preparation, research, and delivery of strong content
- Explain an instructional model
- Be prepared to create a training program proposal
What Topics are Covered?
- Program design
- Identifying needs
- Training and instructional systems design models
- The program’s basic outline
- Evaluation strategies
- Researching and developing content
- Pre-assignments in training
- Choosing openings and energizers
- Training instruments, assessments, and tools
- Creating supporting materials
- Testing the program
- Creating proposals
- Building rapport