Writing Reports and Proposals
It is essential to understand how to write reports and proposals that get read. We write reports in a range of formats and a variety of purposes. Whether you need to report on a product analysis, inventory, feasibility studies, or something else, report writing is a skill you will use again and again. Having a method to prepare these documents will help you be as efficient as possible with the task. This course will build on a solid base of writing skills to present information in formal, informal, and proposal styles.
Participants should complete Velsoft’s Business Writing That Works course before taking this workshop.
What Will Students Learn?
• Prepare reports and proposals that inform, persuade, and provide information.
• Review your work so that it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
• Apply these skills in real work applications.
What Topics are Covered?
• The stages of report writing (investigating, planning, writing, and revising)
• Using headings, charts, and graphs
• The parts of a proposal
• Persuasion, designing a message, and tough questions
• Giving credit