Building a Consulting Business
Today’s business environment isn’t focused on 9-to-5, lifelong, static positions like it was decades ago. Our world is constantly shifting and evolving, meaning that businesses (and workers) must evolve with it. As a result of this shift, consultants have more opportunities than ever before. This one-day workshop will show you how to build a business as a consultant.
What Will Students Learn?
• Define the term “consultants” and explain their role in today’s business world
• Identify consulting opportunities
• Create a business strategy that includes a business plan, budget, marketing plan, fee structure, and resources
• Use social media and networking skills to grow your consulting business
• Protect your work with contracts
• Identify ways to stay on top of trends and changes
What Topics are Covered?
• What It’s All About
• Business Building Blocks
• Crunching the Numbers
• Planning Your Business
• Test Driving
• Creating a Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Getting the Work Done