Managing Difficult Conversations
We have so many interactions in the run of a day, it’s reasonable to expect that some of them are going to be difficult. Whether these are conversations that you have in person, or you manage a virtual team and need to speak with someone in another city, there are things that you can do to make these conversations go smoothly. This one-day workshop will give you the tools to manage difficult conversations and get the best results possible out of them.
What Will Students Learn?
• How to define their frame of reference
• How to establish a positive intent and a desired outcome
• Good communication skills
• How to draft a script for a difficult conversation
• Use specific steps to carry out a difficult conversation
• How to access additional resources as required
• How to maintain safety in a conversation
What Topics are Covered?
• Choosing to have the conversation
• Toolkit for successful conversations
• Choosing the time and place
• Framework for difficult conversations
• Conversation template
• Staying safe
• Role play practice