This course provides information about the nutrition and health status of Infants.
This is only a guideline. Every baby is different. Some babies will develop at a slower pace while others will develop more quickly.
After completing this module you will be able to:
· Describe normal growth and development of infants.
· List factors influencing growth and development of infants.
· Identify baby behaviors to help mothers understand baby’s needs.
· Identify breastfeeding as the foundation of good infant feeding Practices.
· Describe expected feeding skills for given ages.
· Recognize appropriate and inappropriate feeding practices.
· Describe common infant feeding concerns and identify solutions to these problems.
· Describe guidelines for formula preparation.
· List key recommendations for infant health care, safety, and Concerns.
· Identify indicators of nutritional need and specify conditions for an Infant’s WIC eligibility.
· In a case study situation, assess an infant’s growth pattern, Biochemical, clinical and dietary status.
· In a role-play situation, interview the caregiver of an infant, assess the infant’s nutritional status, prioritize needs and provide individual Education.