Understanding how to manage the knowledge within your organization is the key to business success. Mismanagement of organizational knowledge comes with a price: frustrated employees, angry customers, and decreased productivity. All of these things can affect a business’ bottom line. The purpose behind knowledge management is to help us bridge organizational gaps and to use our greatest asset (our knowledge) to take our business performance to the next level. The theory of knowledge management has emerged to help us harness and enhance both the individual and collective brain power of our businesses. This two-day workshop will introduce you to knowledge management tips, techniques, and proven processes.
What Will Students Learn?
• Define knowledge and knowledge management.
• Explain the difference between explicit and tacit knowledge.
• Identify various knowledge management theoretical models.
• Explain how a properly implemented knowledge management program can improve efficiency.
• Describe the steps for employing a new knowledge management program in an organization.
• Identify the required components for implementing a knowledge management framework within an organization.
What Topics are Covered?
• Definitions of knowledge management, tacit knowledge, explicit knowledge, and KMBOK
• The business case for knowledge management
• The knowledge management mix
• The knowledge management framework
• Knowledge management models
• The knowledge management toolkit
• Implementing knowledge management initiatives
• Designing a chief knowledge officer position
• Case studies and success stories