Certified Mental Health Expert CMHE
This module is part of the WHO Mental Health Policy and Service Guidance Package, which provides practical information for assisting countries to improve the mental health of their populations.
What is the purpose of the guidance package?
The purpose of the guidance package is to assist policy-makers and planners to:
• develop a policy and comprehensive strategy for improving the mental health of populations.
• use existing resources to achieve the greatest possible benefits.
• provide effective services to persons in need.
• assist the reintegration of people with mental disorders into all aspects of community life, thus improving their overall quality of life.
What is in the package?
The guidance package consists of a series of interrelated, user-friendly modules that are designed to address the wide variety of needs and priorities in policy development and service planning. The topic of each module represents a core aspect of mental health.
The guidance package comprises the following modules:
• The Mental Health Context
• Mental Health Policy, Plans and Programmers
• Mental Health Financing
• Mental Health Legislation and Human Rights
• Advocacy for Mental Health
• Organization of Services for Mental Health
• Planning and Budgeting to Deliver Services for Mental Health
• Quality Improvement for Mental Health
• Improving Access and Use of Psychotropic Medicines
• Child and Adolescent Mental Health Policies and Plans
• Human Resources and Training for Mental Health
• Mental Health Information Systems
The following additional modules are planned for inclusion in the complete guidance package:
• Research and Evaluation of Mental Health Policy and Services > Workplace Mental Health Policies and Programmes
Register For Certifications