Writing a Business Plan
This two-day course is designed for business owners and entrepreneurs who are ready to create a business plan. All the essential steps are covered, including drafting the original document; identifying the audience; gathering information; researching; describing product plans; and marketing, sales, and accounting terms. Students will come away from the course energized and prepared to write their business plan.
What Will Students Learn?
• Research and analyze the individual components needed for a business plan
• Apply skills to create a business plan for different audiences, including investors, banks, and other stakeholders
• Explain the purpose and future of your business in easy to understand terms
• Use accounting terms to describe the future for their business
• Describe their marketing, sales, and planning strategies
What Topics are Covered?
• What is a business plan for?
• A general business plan framework
• Identifying your audience
• Gathering and analyzing information
• Defining your company
• Getting to work
• Creating a marketing strategy
• Creating the sales plan
• Developing financial projections
• Putting it all together