Meeting Management ( The Art of Making Meeting Work )
Meetings come in all shapes and sizes, from the convention to a quick huddle in an office hallway. This one-day workshop will be concerned with small working meetings; with groups that have a job to do requiring the energy, commitment, and talents of those who participate.
Members of such a group want to get some kind of result out of their time together: solving problems, brainstorming, or simply sharing information. At its best, such a group knows what it is about, and knows and utilizes the strengths of individual members.
What Will Students Learn?
• Understand the value of meetings as a management tool
• Recognize the critical planning step that makes meeting time more effective
• Identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion
• Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behaviors
What Topics are Covered?
• The basics for effective meetings
• The best and worst of meetings
• Holding productive meetings
• Preparing for meetings
• Setting the place
• Leading a meeting
• Process and content
• How to control a meeting
• A plan for success