Negtiating for Results
Negotiating is about resolving differences. People who can master the process of negotiation find they can save time and money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in their communities when they understand how to negotiate well.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate in any situation. This interactive workshop includes techniques to promote effective communication and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
What Will Students Learn?
• Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
• Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
• Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
• Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
• Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
• Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
What Topics are Covered?
• What is negotiation?
• The successful negotiator
• Preparing for negotiation
• Making the right impression
• Getting off to a good start
• Exchanging information
• The bargaining stage
• Reaching mutual gain and moving beyond “no”
• Dealing with negative emotions
• Moving from bargaining to closing
• Solution types