Have you ever wondered why it seems so difficult to talk with some people and so easy to talk with others? Can you recall an occasion where you met someone for the first time and immediately liked that person? Something about the individual made you feel comfortable.
A major goal of this two-day workshop is to help you understand the impact your communication skills have on other people. You will also explore how improving these skills can make it easier for you to get along in the workplace, and in life.
What Will Students Learn?
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back
- Develop skills to ask questions that give you information you need
- Learn what your non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations
- Deal with situations assertively
What Topics are Covered?
- Creating positive relationships
- Growing our self-awareness
- Communication basics and barriers
- Asking questions and listening skills
- Body language
- Communication styles
- Creating a positive self-image
- Frame of reference
- Techniques for the workplace