Conference and Event Management
Although it does take plenty of creativity to design an event that is memorable and meaningful, it also takes careful attention to detail, adaptability, effective delegating, and a lot of work. This two-day course will walk you through the process of event management, from the beginning stages of planning, to the final touches (like decorations, food, and music). While this course is specifically for corporate event planning, the elements here can also be applied to more personal event planning. Essentially, we’re creating an effective and well planned design that is ready for implementation and can be used over and over again.
What Will Students Learn?
• Plan a complete corporate event, including an agenda, budget, goals, venue, audience, food, and whatever else your client needs
• Keep your event on budget
• Design an advertising and marketing plan that includes a comprehensive use of media, take-aways, and/or swag bags
• Determine whether partners, sponsors, and volunteers can help to make your event unforgettable
• Create an atmosphere of service that delegates will remember
• Select speakers and a master of ceremonies to add impact to your event
• Create a diversity plan
• Evaluate the process once it's all wrapped up
What Topics are Covered?
• Event planning essentials
• Budgeting basics and managing contracts
• Using the committee approach
• Connecting with partners and sponsors
• Advertising and marketing
• Selecting the venue
• Feeding the masses and business etiquette
• Celebrating diversity
• Selecting speakers and a master of ceremonies
• Adding the finishing touches
• Event day roles
• Closing the event and gathering feedback