Managing Across Cultures
Our culture defines many aspects of how we think, feel, and act. It can be challenging for managers to bridge cultural differences and bring employees together into a functioning team. This course will give supervisors and managers easy-to-use techniques for communicating across cultures, building teams, promoting multiculturalism in the organization, and leveraging the global talent pool.
What Will Students Learn?
• Define what culture is and how it shapes the workplace
• Identify how stereotypes shape our perception
• Develop useful cross-cultural attitudes
• Communicate effectively across cultures
• Effectively manage employees from different cultures
• Help teams overcome cross-cultural and virtual barriers
• Promote acceptance and awareness in your organization to help create a multicultural environment
• Leverage the global talent pool
What Topics are Covered?
• What Is Culture?
• Communicating Effectively
• Team Building Across Cultures
• Managing Across Cultures
• Building a Multicultural Organization
• Working with the Global Talent Pool