The ABC's of Supervising Others
This workshop is for people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are team leads or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority.This two-day course is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems that they will encounter as a workplace leader. Dealing with the problems that a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
What Will Students Learn?
• Adjust to the supervisor’s role with confidence.
• Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
• Identify key attitudes that you can develop to enhance your supervisory skills.
• Use time management and planning techniques to maximize your success.
• Develop a technique for giving instructions that are clear and understood.
• Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
What Topics are Covered?
• Making the transition
• Responsibilities of a supervisor
• Key behaviors and attitudes
• Setting goals and planning for success
• Active listening techniques
• Communication skills
• Giving feedback and instructions
• Orders, requests, and suggestions
• Managing conflict
• Managing challenging situations
• Developing relationships