The Professional Supervisor
With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training that helps them adjust to their new role. Learning how to supervise your new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement. This three-day workshop can help you overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter, and to set the groundwork for a successful change in your working life!
What Will Students Learn?
• Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
• Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
• Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
• Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
• Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
• Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
What Topics are Covered?
• Adjusting to your role
• Action-centered leadership
• Making plans and setting goals
• Defining leadership
• The Situational Leadership Model®
• What’s your type? How about mine? (Velsoft Leadership Assessment)
• Team building tips
• Communication skills and motivating employees
• Orientation and onboarding
• Training tips and tricks
• Providing feedback and doing delegation right
• Dealing with conflict and managing discipline issues