Nutrition & Health Assessment Introduction
This module will help you to understand how to assess the nutrition and health status of WIC participants.
After completing this module the Nutrition Assistant will be able to:
· Define the terms anthropometric, biochemical, clinical, and dietary assessments.
· List common sources and methods for gathering anthropometric, biochemical, clinical, and dietary data.
· Describe correct measurement techniques.
· Assess health habits using the Nutrition Questions.
· Describe conditions such as anemia, obesity, lead poisoning, homelessness, drug abuse, smoking and domestic violence and suggestions to address these concerns.